Monday, August 26, 2013

Halal Wonton Noodles in Johor Bahru/UTM Skudai

I have never tasted any wonton noodles in my life before because this is a Chinese Delicacy and it's normally non-halal here in Malaysia. But when I studied in UTM Skudai, I had the opportunity to find a Muslim stall selling wonton noodles. The exact location is in the cafeteria located at K11. The name of the stall is OK Wantan Mee. The stall is owned by a pair of husband and wife and they will make you feel like home with their fantastic treatment. For a regular like me, the wife can predict what I will order even before I said anything.

They serve the dry version as well as the soup version. They also have variety of noodles to choose, from the normal wantan noodles, ramen noodles or even "Raja" noodles. Just ask the owner for the perfect noodles to pair with the kind of serving you desire (dry version or soup version).

They also serve an out of this world Chicken Rice with an affordable price. During the month of Ramadhan, they provide delivery service for "sahur" specially for the students staying in "Kolej 11".

If you are not a UTM student but you wish to taste this great meal, you can visit their other outlet located at Angsana shopping mall food court. It's just 2 stalls away from the "Rojak Asma" stall. They serve the same menu as in UTM except  this outlet do not serve chicken rice. Since UTM is having their semester break and as an ex-student who do not have total access to the university compound, I get to opportunity to relive memories during my study years last weekend where I visited the Angsana outlet and get my hands on a bowl of "raja" noodles in wonton soup. It is as tasty as ever and worth every penny.

If you are a student in UTM and never heard about this stall, go on an pay a visit at K11 cafe or if you are planning to visit Johor Bahru, don't forget to make a stop at Plaza Angsana for this great food!


No comments:

Post a Comment